We are looking to employ staff full-time this summer staff to work from the beginning of June until the end of August (with extended spring and fall contracts available).
As a counselor you would be planning fun, exciting and creative programs for our campers. Each session you would be working with a specific group of campers or a family, providing them with unforgettable camp experiences and memories. Counselors are required to be onsite during all camp sessions and will receive full meals and living accommodations. Staff work for a maximum of 8 days and get 3-4 days off in between each session.
You will have a summer experience of your lifetime and give one to campers who may have never had the opportunity to have one.
Sailing Instructors would be responsible for running our Sailing Activity area for kids and families living with childhood cancer. We are not a skill based camp so we are looking for sailors who are comfortable sailing with novice participants to provide them with a fun and positive sailing experience, perhaps for the very first time!
We have in-house training available to ensure you are comfortable with the boats and policies of Camp Trillium
Sailors must have their NLS or Bronze Cross but are not required to have formalized sailing certifications.
The list below includes all positions we hire for each summer, though some may be filled by returning staff. You do not need to apply for a specific position (All water related areas must have a current NLS or Bronze Cross certification).
Other Positions available:
• Outdoor Program Instructors, Swim Instructors, Sail Instructors, Canoe and Kayak Instructors, Project Wilderness Instructors, Photography Instructors, Arts and Crafts Instructors, Creative Arts Instructors, Archery and Fishing Instructors, Group Leaders, Maintenance Staff and Nurses
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Standard First Aid and CPR
• Experience working with children
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Hardworking and dedicated, with a desire to learn and contribute to the team
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
• NLS or Bronze Cross certification
Each site needs to hire 20 lifeguard certified counselors, so obtaining your NLS qualification is vastly beneficial and will open up more employment opportunities.
• Experience in teaching specific activities, such as swimming, rope climbing, canoeing, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out our online application
If you have any questions don`t hesitate to email email@example.com