Email: [email protected]
Camp Northland is an overnight summer camp located in the majestic Haliburton Highlands near Toronto, Canada for children aged 7-16. Our camp prides itself on giving a commitment to personal attention, care and life changing experiences for staff and campers alike. Since 1909 our camp has enjoyed bringing people from all over the world, and from diverse backgrounds, together to share in a Jewish cultural experience surrounded by state of the art programs, facilities and 750 acres of waterfront, wilderness and nature like you have never seen before.
To work as part of the Camp Health Centre team to dispense daily medications, offer clinic hours for the assessment of acute medical conditions, and liaise with both camp staff and families regarding changes in health status.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse (or other appropriate training as approved by the Camp Director and Camp Head Doctor)
• Experience with children and young adults
• Ability to originate, update and/or monitor health care, maintain records, and implement the health care plan
• Current CPR and First Aid (HCP and AED) certifications
• Desire to work and live in Camp Community
• All insurance coverage [professional], member in good standing with governing bodies, and all regulatory compliance up to date
Why work here?
• Competitive salary with time off.
• Meaningful youth leadership and teamwork experience.
• Dedicated staff lounge.
• Evening staff snacks and activities.
• Shorter session contracts available.
• Unforgettable experience and memories.
• Beautiful lakefront location in Haliburton, Ontario.
• Resume building while away from city stressors.
• We strive to make the summer experience an amazing one for the campers and for the staff!
• Working at NBB is a memorable, social, and transformative experience where you can hone your skills and learn new ones…all while making a positive contribution to the Jewish community!
• Our staff gains valuable experience in childcare, mentorship, teamwork, problem solving, programming, leadership and more!
• We have an internship matching program, where we match staff with potential employers and organizations to host staff for a meaningful internship opportunity is May and June so that staff are able to return to camp in July and August.
• Without a doubt, the skills that you will develop at NBB will impact your future, educationally, professionally, and personally!
Here are a few things you might need to know while preparing your application:
• Camp Northland is committed to employment equity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
• If you require an accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process please let us know as we will work with you to meet your needs.
• All responses will be handled with strict confidence.
Visit us online at www.campnbb.com for more information.